Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ideas, seeds, growth

I love watching old episodes of I Love Lucy. My husband thinks I am just like Lucy in some ways. I have some great ideas that don't always turn out great. I've come up with some humdingers, let me tell you. One time, a dear friend and I had a great idea to go buy an above ground pool. It was hot, our kids (I only had one at the time) were little and hey, seemed like a good idea. I picked one that would have given my husband a heart attack ($$$) and proceeded to ask the pool man if he thought we could have it up and running before my husband came home from work? Thankfully the answer was NO, and I ultimately decided against that plan. Another time I had the great idea of free hand drawing a mural on my daughter's wall (she was 2 and an only child at the time). I figured I would paint uneven green strokes on the bottom of the wall and add flowers about halfway up (grass/flowers). This turned out poorly. I think my two year old would have done a better job. Art has never been my forte.
My sweet husband has always been supportive of my endeavors. Although most of my endeavors are started while my sweet husband is at work ;) I could write a book on all of my "great ideas" that ended in disaster or could have been turned into a sitcom.

However, even though I've had my fair share of "Lucy" ideas, I've also had some inspiring ideas that have come from meditation and prayer. Once we were presented with a special needs adoption. It was a baby girl who was deaf. My heart broke for her and I instantly wanted to move forward. I prayed and prayed and pleaded with my husband that it was the right thing to do because I just "felt" it in my heart. Well we started moving forward but it was soon clear to us that it was not our time and this child was not meant to come to us. I had peace about it. It was good.

I shared that story because there is another "big idea" brewing in me lately. It's not another adoption (that is down the road). It's something that has been building in me since I was born, I think. My grandma used to tell me that everyone is special. God has a purpose for everyone. I truly believe this. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I know that God has plans for me (as He does for everyone). I feel that things are coming together lately for something huge. I can't wait to share it with you but you'll have to wait a little longer as I'm still working out the details ;)

It will be something that will impact my Boo, and every child and family out there that is affected by alcohol and drugs. I'm planting a seed and I can't wait to see how it grows!

Until next time.....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Can't wait to watch it bloom ...




*Did you get my last message?

Kisses For Noah said...

Hi Heather, yep, I did get your message but kept it private ;)
We need to chat. I would love to hear more!
God bless, my friend. You are always in my prayers and thoughts! (((Hugs)))