Monday, May 31, 2010

Fish Oil!

We started our fish oil supplements! We are using Carlson's which is a very trusted brand.

Fish oil, specifically EPA and DHA, have been found to help with ADHD and mood disorders. You can read more about it HERE

I started taking it too because 1. I'm hoping it will help me some with my health issues and 2. I'm trying to set a good example for Boo. It really doesn't taste bad at all. It has a strong lemon flavor so there are no fish burps. Boo calls it "lemon oil". The worst part about it is getting used to swallowing oil. It's an odd sensation and for children with sensory issues, it may be harder to get in them. However, I'm hoping the benefits outweigh the icky factor.

Boo has been a trooper taking it. I have mixed it with some lemonade and he really doesn't mind at all. My hope is that it would make a significant enough difference in Boo's mood that we could maybe pull back on one of his meds. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you posted.

Until next time.....

No comments: