Monday, August 24, 2009

Moving on......

Man, this is harder than I imagined. I didn't realize just how much I was going to miss our "people" up at UCLA. I was so anxious to be done with that darn commute and the total disruption of our every day life that I didn't account for how I would feel when we were "done". I have been in this depression for the last week and it's time to shake it off! It's time to turn to the One who can help more than any program or person. I gained a false sense of security when we were up there; akin to Dorothy's ruby slippers if you will. I felt like as long as we were there and under the supervision and direction of this magnificent staff, we were "safe". The truth of the matter is, we were no more "protected" than we are now. When Boo melts down, I'm still the one to walk him through it. I'm still the one who reads, researches, connects and advocates for him. That has never changed. We have been given new tools and validation, true. We are much better off now than pre-program. I need to keep reminding myself of this.
Change is not something I'm good at. I prefer things to stay the same (except for furniture ;) ) Boo is not good with change either. Transitions (big and small) are extremely difficult for him. It's hard for me to watch him miss his teachers. He especially misses his one teacher who became his best buddy. (see, I'm tearing up just typing this). "B" was an amazing influence on Boo. I am hoping we can stay connected somehow because I would love for him to continue on as Boo's mentor through life.
So no fancy quotes, no catchy phrases, no inspiring verses....just raw feelings and emotions here. I am turning to God for his guidance. He loves Boo even more than we do. I know His plan is perfect. We will continue to take it one day at a time and really hold on tight to the things we learned from UCLA.
The next few weeks will be a little chaotic. My oldest starts high school (big deep breath), Bo and Banana will start 4th and 5th grade (at home) and Boo will start Kindergarten!!! It's going to be a wild ride but exciting all the way! Our family does not know how to do boring...;)
Stay tuned for first day of school reports.....and I'm still waiting on pics from Boo's graduation so I'll post those as soon as I get them too!
'night!

2 comments:

Mama Woman said...

You are awesome and ALL your children are blessed.

Heather said...

I hate change as well but we just have to take a deep breath and trust that God will see us and them through whatever lies ahead.You are an amazing mom,with such deep,unconditional love for your children and that is the greatest gift to them of all.Hope the school week went smoothly.