Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Well we made it. 12 weeks of intense learning, therapy, evaluating, examining, trial and error, success, frustration, hope and SUCCESS!
I am feeling so overwhelmed with emotion right now that it's hard to really convey how I'm feeling. I thought I would feel relieved to be done. I am a little. I am more scared than anything. I didn't realize how much I came to depend on the staff and the parents up there. I was so used to doing everything on my own. I didn't realize that while I was up there, I started letting go of some of that control (fear). I began to see progress and began to have faith in these wonderful teachers and therapists who grew to love and care about my son more than I could ever imagine. Now it's over. Now we're back in the "real world". I feel the weight of all of Boo's challenges back on my shoulders. I'm sure it's just the raw emotions coming out. I know in a few days (or a few weeks), I will settle back into my old role as the warrior mother.
I also walk away from this wonderful experience with more confidence in Boo. I have confidence that he will become the person God has created him to be. He is perfectly made and uniquely "Boo". He is an amazing child of God who I sing praises for every day.
Ok, so I know I promised pictures but my camera battery died (grrrrr). I have to wait for one of the staff to email me the pics she took for us. Once I get them, I'll post.
Next stop: IEP meeting with the new school. I am hoping we can do that in the next few weeks as school starts Sept 9th!
I'll update soon. 'Night!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

You did it and he did it!!! You are an amazing mom Judy...this was a huge sacrifice to trek down there each day for 12 weeks but your determination and love will no doubt help him now and years from now!!! I am so glad it is over...in that you now walk away with new insight, new tools, and renewed stamina. Big hugs to you! :)