Monday, July 5, 2010

Busy Busy Busy.....

So much going on lately! Aside from the big "thing" that I'm working on and talked about in a previous post (which I promise will be revealed soon!), I've been trying to get our house in order. It's summer and I'd like for us to enjoy some down time but I also know that Sept. is right around the corner so the time for organizing, cleaning out and reconfiguring things is now. I'm also in the process of figuring out curriculum for next year for the kids. One of the benefits of homeschooling is the freedom to choose curriculum based on a child's needs. This is great but of course it takes tons of time hunting down that perfect curriculum for each individual child.

I was able to score some great supplementary materials last week at a garage sale. I found a finger puppet theater with puppets, a felt board with felt people/animals, some super big Magic School Bus books (floor size), some foam puzzles, a Lakeshore Teacher planner (brand new), an elementary art curriculum book, a large pocket chart with stacks of words to make sentences, a stack of Brain Quest cards, a stack of dinosaur books for Boo (he picked them all out and they even threw in a large dinosaur time line poster for free!), and a huge Sterilite container full of Play Mobile toys!!! I spent $20 on all of the above and my car was loaded up with great treasures! Now I have to try to organize it all so it's easily accessible and doesn't add to the clutter!

But of course like I said before, we're trying to take some time to relax too and refuel so we're ready to plunge back into school come Sept. with a refreshed mind and attitude.

We're going to head to the beach one day this week and Bo starts Judo too so we'll be having some fun adventures! Until next time.......

No comments: