Monday, July 12, 2010

It's like trying to wash your windows during a hurricane.....

As I said in my last post, I'm working on cleaning/organizing/simplifying. It's a process but it's been consistent. I'm proud of the work I've accomplished so far because I'm seeing results and am so happy with the changes I'm making. However, the title of this post says it all.
While I'm working on cleaning out a cupboard, Boo is raging over something in another room, making a huge mess. He needs one on one time nearly constantly. He needs reminders, redirection and someone who knows how to "change the channel" in his brain when he gets stuck on something.
I'm typing on my laptop that has several missing keys because Boo was mad and ripped them off the other day. This was after he raged in his own room and dumped every toy out of his bins/closet/etc. It's tiresome to constantly deal with unreasonable little brains. It's exhausting.
So I have to give myself grace and realize that Rome wasn't built in a day. The house will get cleaned and organized but it will get messy and disorganized again.
Baby steps. Just like Boo learning to control his rage and Bo learning braille. Two steps forward, one step back.
Until next time.....

No comments: