Friday, July 31, 2009

Tonight I'm mad.

I have said in previous posts that I don't feel anger towards Boo bio-mom. Well tonight I'm feeling some anger. I'm angry at the system that failed her. I'm angry at her for drinking while she was pregnant. I'm angry that there isn't a more widespread knowledge and understanding of FASD. I'm angry that because of all of those things, my son has to endure pain, anger, frustration, rage, confusion, memory loss, impulsivity, ADHD, rigidity, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, difficulties with relationships and a general misunderstanding of his challenges.

Tonight he started tantruming. Our house gets very hot so all the windows were open. Our living room is our front room and this was where he chose to scream at the top of his lungs. I am waiting for the day when the police show up on our doorstep due to someone in our neighborhood thinking we are torturing this little boy. I honestly wish I could put a huge sign up on my house that says DON'T DRINK WHILE YOU'RE PREGNANT...THIS IS WHY!!!!!

All we can do is take it one moment at a time. I can't even say one day at a time because we live moment to moment around here. I did meet with the behaviorist from Boo's school today and we are working out a schedule for our family. My job this weekend is to take tons of pictures and print them up as visual aids for Boo :) I am really excited about this because structure is KEY with FASD.

Well that's all for now. Boo is walking around reciting lines from The Princess Bride so I think I better go get him ready for bed. Til next time.........

No comments: