Saturday, October 24, 2009

Should I start writing a book?

I have often thought of writing a book on our experiences as parents/foster parents/adoptive parents, special needs parenting, homeschooling special needs children, etc.

Life is a journey. My/our journey has been filled with more twists and turns than a Six Flags roller coaster! I just wouldn't know where to start. I also am unsure of my abilities to captivate readers. While I certainly think our life thus far has been pretty exciting and eventful (at times it resembles a soap opera or a really good Lifetime movie and at others, a Loony Tunes cartoon), I don't know if I could truly convey it all in book form.

I've also had the thought of pulling together different experiences from other parents of special needs and/or fost/adopt children. Maybe a compilation of stories to inspire and encourage others on their journeys. I'm still giving it deep consideration and of course prayer.

Now I could get real crazy and write my autobiography but I'm not sure I want to share THAT much.

Anyhow, what do you all think?

No comments: