Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marley and Me (off topic post)

We've had a busy/exhausting week. I had to have a root canal on Thurs. I had been in a lot of pain preceding the appt. For those who know me, I am not a calm person by nature...lol.
I tend to be a tad anxious (ok, a LOT anxious). This procedure had me terrified all week. I've had 6 root canals to date and yet this one just really did me in.


Any which way, yesterday (Friday) everything just went to heck real quick. My mother in law went in for surgery, DH got a flat tire and was stung by a bee, I took Vicodin during the day and almost passed out in front of my kids right before Bo's VI teacher showed up for his lesson and a cupcake craft. It was a bit of a crazy day.

So last night, when DH left for church (plays in the band) followed by visiting his mom in the hospital, I told the kids we could watch Marley and Me since we hadn't seen it yet.

If anyone has not seen this movie yet, WATCH IT! But before you do, prepare yourself for a major sobfest!

By the end of the movie, ALL of the children (including Boo) were full on crying! Then Bo says to me "Mommy, WHY did you make us watch that?" I felt so bad. I didn't realize the ending. I just thought it looked like a fun movie about a family and their bad behaved dog. I would recommend not watching this movie if:
-You've recently lost a pet
-You have an old pet
-You've ever had to put a pet down

And that's all I'm going to say....

However, it did help the kids appreciate our dogs more :)

No comments: